Year of the Rat
These are a top ten of the pack that's slithering away. Please feel free to suggest others that you feel should be mentioned.
1A*+ and in a league beyond comparison to everyday rodentia; Alan Greenspan. Without his decision that he was above the law, and his disregard of the regulations he was put in charge of the Fed to enforce, the whole financial crisis would have been averted. His advice has lost all credibility, as his lack of judgment has become painfully obvious.
The general run of rats, next league down.
2. Bernie Madoff, using his friends to make a gigantic fraud that has cost billions from all his investors. As one of the victims has been Project Innocence, his life in jail is going to be really nasty, we can be sure.
3. Sarah Palin, encouraging her political followers to threaten the safety of president-elect Obama, and claim that her family was being mauled by libruls. Back to watching Russia from her front stoop.
4. CEO's of Citibank, Ameritrust, WaMu, HSBC, Wachovia and the rest of the slew of subprime lenders who rewarded their mortgage officers for placing expensive mortgages, and disregarding ability to repay. Regulators now in charge.
5. Congressional pimps Rep. John Boehner and Sen. Mitch McConnell, leading their winger crew to exert every muscle they could engage to keep the public from being served by the 110th congress, then insisting that the 'Democrat' majority was a do-nothing Congress. They remain in office, but their veto powers have departed, making way for public servants.
6. Senator Liddy Dole, faking her opponent's voice denying the existence of God, to get votes from her winger constituents. A real improvement, she will be staying home for awhile.
7. Torture lobby; Darth Cheney, John Yoo, Alberto Gonzales, David Addington and fellow torture advocates, breaking all laws and dragging this country through the mud for eight years for their personal satisfaction and gain.
8. Erik Prince, who put together the Blackwater mercenaries to murder for profit, will be losing his promoters.
9. Joe Lieberman, winger BFF, dropping the pretense that he is a Democrat, going on the campaign trail with McAyn and Co., and making derogatory remarks about president-elect Obama. He will remain in office, but without the status of WH contact and buds in high office.
10. Karl Rove, a standard for evil deeds, making the lies of the right serve as 'news' as he acts like a reporter for the media. No longer has any claim to insider sources.
This is all I could stand, looks like we're just scratching the surface, doesn't it? If nothing else, this occupied White House has provided rational people with endless vistas of truly rotten people to watch. Every head of every agency qualifies to be on this list as well. I believe I set myself too large a project, even to start naming the departing rats.
These rats have totally overrun the government. It's really amazing that there are so many who were ready to throw aside all standards of decency and join in the scurvy crew.
Twenty more days.