Monday, January 05, 2009

Wherein I Brag

Today freezing rain is falling and I am proud.

A little girl can go to school wearing a parka, sweater, shoes and a toy she wanted, and a book - and shampoo that can be used as a body wash. Also a shirt and a sweatshirt.

I built houses in Chile and I left stuff there for the folks we helped.

Others I helped through the dollars I stuffed in red kettles. Clothes I donated to charities. Some I sent assistance.

I got a calendar from the WWF and of course you know I and Dick Yarborough crafted the original legislation to give federal protection to endangered species. Dick was my friend and he also crafted the cold war benefits for troops in Viet NAM and those that followed.

I am happy today

I wish you well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks dear.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home