Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thank You!

This internet thingie is really amazing, but not nearly as amazing as the people who frequent it. My plea for help got an absolutely astounding response, and I'm absolutely stunned and grateful at the generosity of folks, most of whom I've never met in meat space.

As a result, I've dodged the bullet. I've garnered enough money to wipe out a chunk of the money I owed on the rent and the landlord has agreed to back off on the eviction as long as I keep up on the current rent and pay down the money still outstanding in monthly payment.

This whole drama did, however, affect my health a bit, and the cardiologist and pulmonologist both have me on bed rest for the rest of the week. So posting will be sporadic. They both have also ordered me to gain weight, so those of you who offered goodies can still help out. I like cookies and fudge a lot so please feel free to send them on over.

I've gotten some thank-you emails out, and I will be responding to the rest in the next day or two.

Again, thank you all. May we all have a much better New Year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous ThinlyVeiled said...

Good news, Diane. Sorry I was unable to help this time, but, well, things are tight here, too. I'm so glad some good people were able to step up.

6:19 AM  
Blogger the bewilderness said...

Please try to remember to reach for our hand before you get so very close to the edge of the cliff. Your heart will thank you for it and so will we.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home