Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday Poetry: Emily Dickinson

Today is my 60th birthday. Mickey Mantle once said that if he had known he was going to live this long he would have taken better care of himself. I hope he didn't mean that. I sure don't feel that way at all. Anyway, from Emily:



Up Life's Hill with my little Bundle
If I prove it steep --
If a Discouragement withhold me --
If my newest step

Older feel than the Hope that prompted --
Spotless be from blame
Heart that proposed as Heart that accepted
Homelessness, for Home --

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, HB2U. Sixty says to me you've been through a lot. Maybe wisdom will get you thru the next years in peace.
Best
CTheGee

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home