Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Bird Blogging



This is a Chickadee that is the sort living in my yard. If you go here you can also choose to hear its song.




Here is a precious bird, and you probably recognize the Chickadee again. Year-round bright spot in any garden.

If you have ever been birding, you know that there is a variety of birder that is going to say proudly... That is a Carolina Chickadee, or That is a Black Capped Chickadee.

If you see important differences, let me know (Hint; Carolina is on top.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger trifecta said...

those birds are gorgeous

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, the Black-capped has bar/stripes all the way up to his fore-wing?

4:04 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

georgem, I'm glad you see that. I'm some one who hasn't yet determined if my local kites have swallow tails or blunt ones.

trifecta, glad you enjoy them. Lots of birds like my hackberries.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home