Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

Curse you gently, Dirkgently. So here goes my round, and of course, here are the rules which if you get tagged you are supposed to follow, too. Since I'm about to drive off into the sunrise tomorrow, you can't even track me down and put a curse on me until the 4th, either.

Here are the rules:
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Now to tell you eight things about me, one of which is about the pictures of Fluffy here:


so;
1. Fluffy has healed over now and except for the shaved leg is lovely although limpy. Fluffy is a stray that had been fixed so at one time had a caring owner. Don't know what happened, but when he showed up here I fed him, then about a month ago he was limping, turned out to have a ligament that had torn and had to be re-attached surgically. I've gotten help from a few people meeting the bill, but still am owing about $450. Any commenters can ask an address, and I'll let you help! I am a longtime volunteer with Animal Refuge Foundation, at www.arfhouse.org.

2. Brag; I have a playwriting award from the Maryland Council of the Arts.

3. My oldest is studying for the Bar exam in VA, so I am not allowed to take up his time or would tag him.

4. I used to manage the Chincoteague Pony Farm and take care of the stuffed Misty, and once had a complaint filed against me that I wasn't taking good enuff care of the dead horse. (I had let a chicken make a nest in her mock stall.)

5. I turned down the only political plums I was ever offered, one on the Montgomery County, MD, Central Committee, another as campaign manager for a shoo-in candidate whose voting record I just didn't support.

6. This was the dust storm we had in early spring, the view from my front porch, left fine W.TX dust everywhere.



7. I have a long drive ahead of me, about 950 miles, starting tomorrow a.m., to go to my nephew's (2nd) wedding in CO.

8. I am doing this at work, since el jefe is nowhere around, and will be out of town a lot of the rest of the summer, which gives me lots of free time. This is not a complaint. And when it's a crunch, like the past two months, it's a major crunch, so I am ready for free time.

And I am going to tag:\

1. Tena at http://www.first-draft.com/
2. Barry from Alaska
3. Martha at Arfhouse
4. Lambert Strether at correntewire
5. Feral Liberal
6. Barndog
7. Gummo
8. trifecta

And off I go into the wilds, hope you all have a great time being Taggees. and Taggors. Or albatrossi.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Feral said...

OK, I got tagged, but don't have a blog, so Ruth suggested I play here. Most of you already know I'm a birdwatcher, gardener, and catowner, so let's see...

1. I've spent a good portion of the last 10 years renovating and adding on to my house, doing most of it myself including the rewiring and plumbing.

2. I make 30-50 gallons of wine per year, including raspberry, apple, pear, and red currant.

3. Although I love wine, I really don't care for raisins.

4. I play piano.

5. I was best man in a wedding on a beach on the gulf coast of Florida last March (Much Fun).

6. I've been in every state east of the Mississippi except Connecticut and South Carolina (feet on the ground, drive-throughs and airports don't count), but am missing many western states.

7. I go camping with a group of friends every August during the Perseid meteor shower.

8. I am an avid cook.

Next!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Feral - I was tagged, don't have a blog, and various other things. Here's the beef:

1. I am an avid vegetable & fruit gardener.

2. I used to make my own liquers, however, I ceased that operation.

3. I would rather fish than do most anything in life (sans playing music). Just a nasty habit I picked up on the Little Manistee River as a kid. I've been addicted to trout fishing for a long damm time.

4. I play: guitar, mandolin, and whack at the banjo sometimes. I've been known to pick up just about any stringed instrument made, and be able to carry a song on it.

5. I wear a skirt made from recycled 1960's neckties.

6. I have been known to wear a kimono.

7. I've been involved in the building of over 200 homes. I've been seen building a massive log & fieldstone stage for a music organization. (www.wheatlandmusic.org)

8. I tend to work through problems, rather than let them stew and, create more problems.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home