Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Some Mediterranean Sightseeing

Happy Cinqo de Mayo! I got some good pictures,and will share some of them with you. These are from Sardinia, a good sized island in the Mediterranean that monkeyfister tells me he encountered in the service and really enjoyed. Since I got some island liqueur, the Mirto de Domu, to be passed on to him at Blissfest, here are some sights that really impressed me.



Every island should have its Roman ruin, here is the amphitheatre which has little catacombs underneath for the warriors-to-be and other mammals.



Looking down toward the port of Cagliari, Sardinia, from the University/Museum, a converted castle at the top of the hill overlooking the docks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous JayDenver said...

Your photos inspire the wanderlust. Thanks for sharing.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

My pleasure, JayD. I'm keeping it to a minimum, these Mediterranean islands are a threat to any family budget.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home