Monday, July 13, 2009

End of Vacation Pieces

Just back from a Blissful visit with some people well known to most of you readers, at the Blissfest Barndog organizes in upper Michigan. This is just a note to say I'm back into 103F temps, and yes, one more time I declare I'm moving to Michigan.

The trip up and back was a good chance to observe that the stimulus is indeed at work, with construction projects everywhere. The funds the states have gotten is allowing them to do a lot of work that had been put off. Despite what wingnuts seem to gather from their observations of what seems to be about as far as the inner membrane of their nasal passages, people are working. Those are people who are paying taxes, and buying things. That stimulates the economy.

For those of us driving, the construction is unavoidable. It is miles of improvements, as I drove, in OK, in IN, in WI, in MO, in IL and in MI. It means we have to slow down, keep attentive, lose time if we're in a hurry, and see our taxpayer monies at work.

If this keeps up, maybe we will generate the funds to keep teachers in the schools as well.

And a big wave to the great people at Blissfest, who did a great job convincing all us internet buds that we ought to stay, and eat Virginia's roast, FeralL's chicken and wine, and Barndog's gumbo. And of course, I finally found out I should have stuffed a whole suitcase with the olives from Spain. We can really say now, we came for the snacks.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous PeasantParty said...

Glad you had a great time. Also good to see the stimulus is working in some parts of the country.

My stupid govenor didn't want our state economy stimulated. He could only think about stimulating himself in Venezeula. The idiot thinks tears will clear it all up for him.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous xan said...

Mostly testing the comment function, but as long as I'm here I could whine that if I'd known you were coming such a long way I would have whined earlier for you to swing through west Tennessee and pick me up for the weekend.

maybe even w. KY? I think the car would make it as far as Paducah...maybe not home again mind you, but that would be the SO's problem wouldn't it.

no, no, bad Xan, that's cruel and evil. And we unemployed people don't get to do things like that anyway, on account of we are broke and dare not take the chance of car breakage. Oh well. Glad yuz all had a good time anyway. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

xan, I'd have swung by. Especially as I was driving the Pinata - the rental car that I got smacked in a parking lot, that I was driving because I got smacked by a truck in a parking lot.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruth - you need to come to Wheatland next time, where we put the 'eat' in Wheatland.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home