List of Musts
Your reactions are appreciated.
Here's the list again, pick your favorite. (I modified eight for the boss)
1. A rational policy in Afghanistan. The deaths are escalating and no one appears to have a plan to get the world involved or what,EXACTLY, we are trying to achieve there. I am tired of wars.
2. A rededication to American values in the spending of our money.
3.We badly need universal healthcare at a reasonable cost.
4. We need trade policies that are designed to stimulate job growth - not protectionism, just realistic responses.
5. We need to cut the military hardware people WAY back and start having a plan for asymmetrical warfare that is both functional and practical
6. We NEED (as a nation) to investigate the shit done in our name and prosecute those who knowingly and willingly broke the law.
7. We need to have unions supported and the rights of workers strengthened.
8. A national energy policy that is geared toward both conservation and exploitation of alternative fuels as well as providing for an extensive, reasonably priced, and sustainable mass transit system(s) that will serve the nation as an alternative to either flying or driving.
9. Openness and honesty in our government and its functioning.
10. Reapportionment to make ALL congressional districts competetive: this will strengthen the "peoples" hands. These gerrymandered monstrosity have to go.
11. An economic policy that reflects the new reality of this country: the Midwest can no longer afford to subsidize the South and West. In fact, it is probably time for the opposite to happen.
12. A much stronger emphasis on educating the next generation for the jobs that will make the above happen, and on education in general.
13. A dedication to the idea that it is a good thing to take care of other people, and to clean up the damn planet.
14. A full rebuild of our manufacturing, communication, energy, and transportation infrastructures, with the above philosophies in mind.
15. A downplaying of the influence of religion on public policy, reflecting the fact that, no matter how many people in this nation are Christian of one stripe or another. not all of them are, and they should not be forced to the various flavors of grey-area moral code "values" of the majority.
16. We need to have all people treated within the law and traditions of the Constitution - no discrimination on any group of people for any reason whatsoever.
17. As all individuals in this country are blessed with its bounty, there must be a rational construct applied to compensation by means of a tax code that reflects the goals of a nation, not the elevation of individuals
I admit, I find lists sort of deadly, but I'm just one person and wanted to see if you find this helpful.