Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Finally!

Well, it's here. Finally. Today is the Iowa Caucus, something we've all been waiting for, sorta kinda. At least for the people of Iowa it will soon be over.

It's been rather fun watching the lead-up to this, but I am willing to admit my sense of fun is sometimes a bit skewed. So I've checked out some other blogs to get the opinions of people I respect.

First, there's Atrios at Eschaton:

I suppose I should be providing you with ALL THE LATEST IOWA POLLS because this is the most important thing ever, unless it isn't.

Hmmm... He's probably right, but still ...

Next is Crabby Old Lady at Time Goes By, who is clearly dismayed by the entire proceedings leading up to this day:

And it's not as though there is anyone – even if you're a Republican – to root for. What a field of freaks these candidates are – not one deserves admiration or respect. Not one has a cogent, thoughtful or reasonable plan for a country deeply mired in all kinds of trouble.

Well, that was pretty clear cut.

Finally, there's Andy Borowitz who managed to intercept an open letter to Iowa from Kim Jong-un:

So who do I recommend you vote for on Tuesday? In a word, me.

If you think about it, I am the most Republican candidate of all. In North Korea, we have no taxes. We have achieved that through a conservative policy of no jobs. Also, we have no wasteful “big government” programs providing food, shelter, or safe drinking water. And am I pro-life? Well, try this on for size: I believe that life begins at conception and ends at starvation.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: I’m too young to be President, since I’m under 35. Well, who would you rather have running your country, someone who’s under 35, or someone whose IQ is under 35? (LOL)

I think when you look at all the facts, voters of Iowa, you’ll realize that Kim Jong-un is the Republican who most deserves your vote. And if you’re still not convinced, remember this: at least I’m not Mitt Romney.

Peace out yo,

Your Supreme Leader


I think that captures it nicely. Thank you, Andy.

I must say, however, I'll be a little sadder after the results are in. I think we'll probably lose a couple of candidates, which means we'll lose a little of the fun those loose cannons have provided.

That said, I'm still buying more popcorn. New Hampshire is next.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home