Monday, June 11, 2012

Everything Old Is New Again
















(Political cartoon by Matt Wuerker and published at Daily Kos. Click on image to enlarge and then please return.)

One of the reasons I hang out at Eschaton is that the regulars are very generous about posting links to blog posts and new articles they think some of us might miss. Thanks to Stuckinlodi no more, that's how I got to this news article:

Mitt Romney is hoping business owners will "make it very clear" to their employees what their political views are and how the November election results could impact their jobs.

At least that's what he told about 100,000 members of the National Federation of Independent Businesses during a Wednesday tele-townhall. ...

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the Republican presidential nominee said. "And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees."
[Emphasis added]

He's not even pretending anymore. Nor is he bothering with code words. He's just telling folks that the little people who work for employers need to be clear on what's best for business because their crummy little jobs may depend on it. Not much veil on that threat, eh?

Nice of Mitt to make our decisions for us, don't you think?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chris Miko said...

See - this is the kind of crap that makes me second guess myself. I honestly had no plans to vote for Obama (as a liberal, i find many of his policy stances not exactly representative of mine) and there was no way I was going to vote for Romney, however, when i read the blatant class warfare coming out of Mitt's mouth, i really think I may have to vote for Obama just to keep Romney out of the White House. Decisions, decisions...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Conni said...

I was stunned when I saw this over the weekend.

What next - bringing in a copy of your ballot for your HR file?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home