Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday Birdblogging




Turkey, as we know it.

What did you expect? A slaughterhouse scene out of the Growing Misadventures of The Gubernatress?

We were having a discussion on Saturday about the value of seeing what happens to put the bird on your table, and I admit that although I have personally been charged with the execution part of the process, as well as the growing, feeding, cooking and eating, I do believe that slaughter of any animal should not be thrown at children unprepared as it happens on a news show.

I have an aversion to guns, but I don't think that is something I can impose on anyone else.

If you are some one who wants others to attract positive attention, particularly admiration and, say, voters, your choices speak loudly about how you value them. The Gubernatress obviously is not interested in those sensitive types. She would probably call them 'squeamish' - if she were being polite.

I have a friend who grows cattle for food, but he thinks they are nicer than a lot of people. Really, not everyone who participates in farming, hunting and general food production is a clod.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger shrimplate said...

I have a friend who grows cattle for food, but he thinks they are nicer than a lot of Republicans."

Typo fixed.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I wish he had that much knowledge about Dems, but it's sadly not the case.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home