Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Birding




My usual view of the Brown Creeper.

Having an old hackberry tree that comes up through the front porch, just outside one of my living room windows, this is how I usually see my brown creepers. Upside down is often the way I see them - not me, but them. They creep up the tree, a little like a woodpecker, and are small, undistinguished, and probably only noticed because they're moving.

Please enjoy this quite small unique bird with me. Creeping is a great way to pop up a hackberry tree.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rare and wonderful bird! Thanks to you for giving them a habitat. With luck, you might get a breeding pair!

--Snugglebunny (a la Eschaton, infrequent poster)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Feral said...

I'll be seeing Creepers in the spring, until then I'm enjoying the Nuthatches.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks, Snugglebunny, it's my privilege. I've even reformed a super landscaper neighbor, now my undergrowth isn't an eyesore but a source of good birding to her.

FeralLiberal, Nuthatches were a first-time sighting for me in Hannibal, MO., a couple of years ago. We don't get them here in N.TX.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home