Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday Birding



What a great little display the Violet-Green Swallows made at Columbine Point in Granby, CO, at my nephew's wedding! A bunch, maybe eight of these soaring birds acted out a symphony in the air while the wedding was going on, and I was so entranced with their ballet in flight that I really admit I wasn't paying much attention to the ceremony, which was pretty flighty itself. It was just perfect background. To my amazement, I found out later that I was about the only one to notice.

I learned the identification of my little ballet artists the next day, on a bird walk in the Rocky Mountain National Park. And saw them again at Garden of the Gods. When my pictures come back, maybe I will have saved an image of my own.

Yes, I saw lots of wonderful birds. I'll be talking about them for the next few Thursdays.

This picture is from David Paulson, and is displayed at http://birdweb.org/birdweb/bird_details.aspx?id=323 where you can learn lots about violet green swallows, a new one to me, too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! Nice story, and just like us -- we tend to drop everything, including driving, when we see something interesting in the air, in the trees, etc.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home