Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday Birdblogging



The broadtailed hummingbird here was captured by www.imagesofcolorado.com and was the only really good shot that anyone had managed to get. Usually I have lots of pictures to choose from. As Feral Liberal said, lots of patience involved. The smaller, the patienter, I suppose.

I was introduced to this hummingbird on a bird walk in the Rocky Mountain National Park. The guides were volunteer birders, and having a wonderful morning. We saw, and they identified, a lot of western birds - and a few other features of the park. This hummingbird stayed still, sitting in a tree like a very polite host, while we all watched. I guess he liked the view, and maybe even the attention.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Feral said...

Nice pic, Ruth. Rather like our Ruby-Throateds, which are the only hummers this far north. I haven't been patient enough to capture one of those yet.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home