Sunday, July 03, 2011

Requiescat In Pacem: Frances J. Trzcinski

A Refusal To Mourn The Death, By Fire, Of A Child In London

Never until the mankind making
Bird beast and flower
Fathering and all humbling darkness
Tells with silence the last light breaking
And the still hour
Is come of the sea tumbling in harness

And I must enter again the round
Zion of the water bead
And the synagogue of the ear of corn
Shall I let pray the shadow of a sound
Or sow my salt seed
In the least valley of sackcloth to mourn

The majesty and burning of the child's death.
I shall not murder
The mankind of her going with a grave truth
Nor blaspheme down the stations of the breath
With any further
Elegy of innocence and youth.

Deep with the first dead lies London's daughter,
Robed in the long friends,
The grains beyond age, the dark veins of her mother,
Secret by the unmourning water
Of the riding Thames.
After the first death, there is no other.

--Dylan Thomas

8 Comments:

Blogger Conni said...

Peace to you, Diane, and my thoughts to you in the coming days.

((hugs))

(I'm stuckinlodi no more at atrios)

1:24 PM  
Blogger steve simels said...

Diane:

My sincerest condolences on your loss.

I know words are inadequate at times like this, but try to hang in there. It will get better.....

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Billy B said...

Diane, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Peace, my friend.

1:36 PM  
Blogger ms fahrenheit said...

Remember to come to your friends when you need held and when you need a place to cry and share, for you have many.


Peace.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane, my sincere condolences. You're in my thoughts. Wishing you peace,

noblejoanie

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Missouri Bird said...

Diane, I am so sorry...

3:10 PM  
Blogger ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

My condolences, Diane.
~

5:32 PM  
Blogger Hecate said...

May the Goddess guard her. May she find her way to the Summerlands. May her friends and family know peace.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home