Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Vignette

I drove up to a local store where I am on friendly terms with the clerks, and they were outside, looking at a cell phone. I went in and made a purchase, and the clerk who waited on me, a countrified lady, told me that a plane had just flown into a building in New York. Of course, I was just horrified, and said, oh, no with such a sinking feeling. Then she said they were trying to get it on the radio, it had been on Fox news on her daughter's phone. I brightened right up, and told her, oh, well then it's probably not true. Fox just doesn't tell the truth. I would have to hear it on a real news channel. She looked at me a minute and said, 'Oh. That's right." We both agreed that we'd believe it when a legitimate news service reported it. And hoped that it wasn't true.

Too bad, it is true. But not as bad as it sounded, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home