Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Birdblogging; dedicated to Alora

********************
Thursday Birdblogging today is dedicated to Sarah Deere's granddaughter, Alora, who was taken from us on Tuesday. She was a lovely child, whose soul takes flight - and may these birds give her good company. The delicacy of the small crowned bird impresses me as what could be a child's delight. I wish her released soul much joy, and enjoyment
*************************



This little brilliant spark is called Cassin's Finch, and was a surprise outside the motel in Colorado Springs, in view of Pike's Peak. These pictures come from http://www.geocities.com/tgrey41/CassinsFinchM2.jpg, and someday I really have to get a working camera of my own, but with help like geocities, I probably am doing better to spare you my amateur efforts.

He's a Western bird, and I took a picture just when they decided they preferred the other side of the bush they were playing on. Here's the bush, anyway. A couple of females and one male Cassin's Finches are in there somewhere.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Ruth, I think Sarah D's account said that Alora passed away on Sunday night.

[Sarah D. posted about it in the wee hours of Weds. morning... what I usually {and carelessly} would call Tuesday night.]

-RglLrkr

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops, I totally take that back. Just checked Sarah's comment - looks like you are correct after all. Please feel free to zap my comment.
[EmilyLatella] *never mind* [/Emily Latella]

-RglLrkr

3:28 PM  
Blogger Feral said...

In my experience, good bird pics are about 30% skill, 20% luck, and 50% patience.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home