Sunday, July 06, 2008

"I Hate Bloggers"

Ever since Thers put up a link yesterday at Eschaton to a post at Crooks and Liars, I've been fuming.

The post has to do with a statement Sen. McCain made at a town hall meeting at Merrimack, NH late last December:

JOHN MCCAIN: “Now we’ve got the cables. We’ve got talk radio. We’ve got the bloggers. I hate the bloggers. We’ve got all kinds of sources of information.” [Emphasis added]

That was six months ago. I'm sure his hatred has reached new heights (or depths) since then as he's made more and more stupid misstatements, uttered more lies, continued to change his maverick position 180 degrees depending on his audience and the DFH bloggers have called him on it.

Now it's clear that the "I hate the bloggers" statement was simply a throw-away line, an ad lib put in for chuckles, but, seriously, is his sense of humor that bankrupt?

You will note that he hasn't made any such statement as "I hate torture." Or "I hate injustice." Or "I hate racism or any other 'ism' that lessens the value of any human." Or "I hate poverty and the hunger it engenders."

No, Mr. McCain just hates those of us exercising our First Amendment rights in ways that he is uncomfortable with, especially when the results point to his hypocrisy.

What a shallow, vain, petty little man.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

He's also a poseur, a liar, a war-criminal, and a fascist maggot.

ps: i hate these word puzzles...

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home